The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quottelegraph-ask-how-about-it-intercst-first-30433172.aspx

Subject:  Re: Connecticut Date:  12/14/2012  9:06 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  46794 of 58778

"telegraph ask, How about it intercst? First conviction drunk driving - six months suspension and car impounded......second conviction - driving priveleges taken away for life, not allowed to own or possess a car, and a year in jail."
---------------------------------------
"I don't have a problem with a stiff penalty (including jail time) for first-time drunk drivers, heck I'd do the same with people who drive while talking on their cellphone." - intercst

---------------------------------------------

Since I don't drink alcohol it's easy for me to agree to the stiff penalties for drunk drivers; and since I no longer smoke pot that would be all right with me also, ( and for the record I was never a "pot head". I only smoked it like about 4 or 5 times in my entire life.)

Now I have talked on cell phones while driving. I don't think it's against the law in Tennessee? If I knew itw was against the law I wouldn't do it. I also don't text while driving - well to tell the truth I've never written a text in my life. That technology is completely beyond me.

But I only answer my cell phone like if I'm stopped and then I just talk very quickly and tell whomever I'm talking to that I'll talk to them later. My friend John likes to call me and just chat and he calls me a couple of times a week.

I hated my stepmother who was an alcoholic so I am predjudiced against drunks. I know what the problem is - they are addicted and it is very difficult to get unaddicted - and also alcohol removes one's inhibitions so the inhibition to drive while drinking is also disengaged so that goes right out the window. So I don't know what the answer is.

And by the way I have two loaded guns in the house, a 410 shotgun loaded with highbrass #4 shot and a 22 bolt action rifle loaded with shorts. We don't have kids in the house and I mostly use my guns to hunt squirrels.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us