The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotguns-are-specifically-designed-to-hurt-30433369.aspx

Subject:  Re: Connecticut Date:  12/14/2012  11:51 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  46804 of 58870

"Guns are specifically designed to hurt people and animals." - MissEdithKeeler

Yep, that's kind of the idea. I like killing animals and eating them. A lot. I'm also guessing you don't and you are a vegetarian? No killing and eating animals? You know they use a captive bolt to stun cows on the kill floor of abattoirs before slitting their throats to let the blood drain out? In chicken processing plants they use electricity to stun chickens before slicing their throats open with rotating knives to let them bleed out?

Also by your comment I'm guessing you are against using guns to protect yourself in your own house against armed intruders? If so that is your prerogative but there are those of us who would protect our families and ourselves with guns.

I have been shooting and using guns my whole life. I am an excellent shot. I'm talking I can hit a dime at 30 yards with my 22 rifle.

Different kinds of guns are used for different kinds of hunting. You are right, handguns are made primarily to shoot people. They aren't much use in hunting. It is a lot more difficult to aim a handgun. I still would like to own one. I'd like a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun. My rationalization for the handgun is home protection but more honestly - I just like shooting stuff.

If I had the money I'd buy a whole lot more guns.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us