The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: Trusts & IRAs Date:  12/17/2012  10:01 AM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  18134 of 20640

But I assume the trust names a successor trustee if you become unable to perform the trustee's duties. Since your assets are in the trust additional paperwork in the form of a power of attorney wouldn't be required.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

My eldest daughter is named as executor of the estate when I pass....I have to look up about a successor trustee. I know I was reluctant about giving anyone control over my finances;)

That's a reason these trusts should be revisited from time to time...stuff changes. I should sit down with my daughters and have a discussion about where all my info is. Although I will probably be leaving them a mess!

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us