The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada (General)


Subject:  Re: Suggestions on US tax filing for NR Canadian Date:  12/19/2012  1:25 PM
Author:  rev2217 Number:  63155 of 64608


Hang on here...

1 - You're not a US citizen
2 - You're not a US resident
3 - Your trades are done through a Canadian Broker

Why do you even think you need to pay US taxes? As I've never been in anything similar don't take this as advice, I'm just thoroughly confused.

If you derive income through investments in a country other than your own, that income is subject to taxation in the country of the investment because that's where the income is actually realized.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us