The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Creation vs. Evolution

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/cc33-i-would-have-thought-you-would-have-gotten-a-30443138.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: First Life Form Date:  12/20/2012  2:43 AM
Author:  ItsGoingUp Number:  24135 of 25060

cc33,

I would have thought you would have gotten a clue from your experience on the Apple board. There you began (just as I see here) in bloviating from ignorance. When dismissed or challenged you doubled down on your opinions, no matter how wrong. Eventually you seem to have become a bit more educated and a bit more thoughtful, so now your posts are occasionally worth reading.

Maybe you should once again try listening for a while. I'm afraid the problem is that here too people are talking so far over your head that you don't know how to usefully contribute. You'll learn much more if you listen rather than argue. And the chance of you saying anything that is useful to anybody here is vanishingly small, so you may as well save your typing.

People aren't dismissing what you say because it's unpleasant, but rather because it is ignorant and foolish. Eventually you'll learn to tell the difference. I know you can learn because I've seen it and you're obviously not stupid, just not nearly as smart as you think you are.

-IGU-
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us