The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: Medicare for mother. Big Picture needed. Date:  12/22/2012  8:45 PM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  18153 of 20607

Paulecker: <<Medicare supplemental insurance (Pt B) gives you more choices at somewhat higher costs.>>

Part B is the part which covers doctors, etc. and which premium is deducted from the SS check. The Medicare Supplement Insurance is commonly known as "Medigap", and is totally separate from Medicare, and is paid personally, not through the SS deduction. See:

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us