The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: previous years stock losses not reported Date:  12/27/2012  5:42 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  117222 of 127745

How can I correct this to have the additional approximately $11000 in option stock losses added to my current carry over amount to use in future.

You need to amend each year's Schedule D to show that year's transactions. Do it chronologically, and don't forget that on all but the first one the carryover from the prior year changes too. File the Schedule D with a 1040X.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us