The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-dave-thanks-for-the-reply-i-am-getting-the-30455176.aspx

Subject:  Re: Las Vegas house Date:  12/28/2012  5:17 PM
Author:  Phmerc Number:  13660 of 13972

Hey Dave

Thanks for the reply.

I am getting the line of credit from my father, which is why it is so cheap. I don't have any collateral, so it would have been 8.65 percent! I'm thankful for that.

In terms of the property management, they were recommended to me by family, who live in Vegas, who have been using them for many years and have had no issues. I'm also not a big fan of long-distance, long-term land lording, but considering the size and price of the house, it would probably take me another 4-5 years if I wanted to do something like this in Toronto, where I live, because it is crazy expensive! I guess I just need to have some faith...

I would definitely be willing to do hard work of hunting out the desperado sellers in the community. I must be honest, I wouldn't really know where to start. Is this something I can do on my own, or would need to hire a real estate event for?

Phmerc
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us