The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Great Movies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/recent-viewings-30456210.aspx

Subject:  Recent viewings Date:  12/29/2012  1:57 PM
Author:  fleg9bo Number:  62174 of 63204

The Human Resources Manager

We seem to see films the titles of which parallel DW's career. A few months ago it was Headhunters (a fine film in spite of somebody not liking the book), DW's first Silicon Valley position. From there she moved up to become an HR manager. If a feature film is ever based on the Dilbert comic strip, that will take her through her retirement as an evil HR director.

Anyway, this one, seen at the local art museum as part of a film festival, was most enjoyable. In 2002, the former employee of an Israeli bakery chain is killed in a terrorist attack and a sleazy tabloid reporter blames the bakery for the delay in identifying her body and sending it back to her family in her native Romania. It's not the bakery's fault but the human resources manager is given the task of accompanying the body to Romania and delivering it to the victim's family. Good acting, good characters.

Life of Pi

I don't usually like fantasy films but I enjoyed this one. That was probably because I saw it in 3D, my first 3D film of the modern era. I thought the effects were gorgeous and I'm sure I would have found it less enjoyable in 2D.

--fleg
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us