The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-tgrmn-i-certainly-agree-that-avoiding-as-many-30457009.aspx

Subject:  Re: Personal boycott Date:  12/30/2012  9:03 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  662758 of 736617

Hi Tgrmn,

I certainly agree that avoiding as many of the borg cogs as possible is a good idea. Obviously there are a great many of them, and we both know the list you put out was not remotely exhaustive.

But what I am looking for is a list of not leaners, but identifiable and beyond doubt anti-conservative acting companies, some stuff I have read about various companies, you have to look pretty hard to find a problem, so I tend not to trust these lists, that's why I am looking to keep my own and a quick hit on reasons.

For instance one I have not put on yet is GE, there's a winner.

Cunningham Security? May be a problem but means nothing to me with no context.

Pepsico funded the million mom march? I do not really care to go that far that if a company advertises at an event I do not like, I react.

Not say a company pulls their advertising from Fox and switches it to MSNBC -- there's a winner. Pulling from FOX? Fine - you want to go unpolitical I can respect that -- moving hard left -- OK, you're on my list

I would rather it not get too long, as it becomes meaningless. But there are normal companies that have a pattern of being bad actors, and that have not merely made actions I disagree with but have a pattern of doing such
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us