The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada (General)

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-it-has-been-about-2-weeks-and-i-am-adjusting-30457669.aspx

Subject:  Re: Kinda OT: Opinions on what kinda computer to Date:  12/30/2012  7:28 PM
Author:  IKan Number:  63178 of 63849

Well it has been about 2 weeks and I am adjusting to the new 17 inch laptop screen. It is big enough for most things. I just have to zoom up to 110% - 125% often.

I use the 21 inch LCD at the same time when I use it at the desk where the monitor sits on a raised piece right at eye level behind the laptop.

Unfortunately my 5 year old Cannon scanner will not work with Windows 8 and Cannon said they will not be creating a driver for it for W8.

So W8 is a revenue generator not only for MSFT but also for peripheral companies like Canon. The circle continues. The money flow, in this case out of my pocket = negative cashflow. :(

It is said that W8 was created for touchscreen laptops. WHY??? My screen would move away from me if I pressed on it. I would have to lean forward to touch it. I like to set the laptop or screen at a distance that optically works for my eyes. I prefer the keyboard/mouse arrangement. I like the touchscreen thing for tablets/smartphones.

IKan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us