The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-the-insurance-industry-doesnt-do-an-30457889.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement, college, and Obamanomics Date:  12/30/2012  10:31 PM
Author:  Rayvt Number:  71127 of 76237

I think the insurance industry doesn't do an effective job of educating the public about IULs.

No. They try, oh how they try. Problem is, no matter how much you try to polish a t*rd, it's still a t*rd.

I mean, come on, "Receive market-like returns without any market risk
~ Never take a market loss
" You really believe this? The risk is an integral part of the market--there is no way around it.

It can only be shifted around, not eliminated. So if you are wanting to avoid the risks, it can only be done by shifting the risk to somebody else. That party is not about to take on your risk for free, they expect to be paid for taking it. Which means that you CANNOT get market returns with no risk.
You can, however, get the illusion of achieving market returns without market risk. But that's only an illusion, not reality. In truth you will be paying a pretty penny for that illusion.

If you been "studying Indexed Universal Life (IUL) products intensively", then you seem to have completely missed all the articles and papers that discuss the negatives of them.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us