The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Fiscal Cliff Facts||Date: 12/31/2012 9:21 AM|
|Author: 2828||Number: 662948 of 795257|
1. A week ago, according to Salon Magazine, the President told John Boehner during fiscal cliff negotiations, that "You get nothing."
2. The Bush Tax Cuts -- which Democrats have fought for a decade -- are suddenly critical to the survival of the Republic (hypocrisy much?).
3. Senate Democrats have refused to pass a budget for nearly four years, an act unprecedented in modern American history.
4. President Obama's budgets have failed to receive a single Democrat vote.
5. Republicans have passed four (4) budgets this year, all of which were defeated in the Democrat-controlled Senate.
6. The recommendations of the President's own bi-partisan deficit commission, which contained a mix o