The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-important-gas-mileage-might-be-to-a-30000-30458555.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hybrid lawsuit Date:  12/31/2012  12:37 PM
Author:  SkepikI Number:  17309 of 17992

How important gas mileage might be to a $30,000 car owner depends a great deal on their intentions and strategy. Drive 1000 mi a year, not very important. Drive 20,000 mi a year, keep the car for 10 years and get 20 mi a gallon you spend more on gas than on the car... at least at today's prices. I just had a chance to drive a friends Tesla.. it gets GREAT gas mileage- ha- but he didn't get it for the mileage...

That said, what kind of mileage one gets these days and how it stacks up against promises is one way to judge quality. I prefer reliability, but the generic idea that gas mileage means something to owners is a good thing for investors to remember. An even better thing for investors to recall is how much TRUST is worth. F in my opinion is the beneficiary of the trust which has fled GM and Chrysler.... I hope they dont blow it.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us