The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-bob-where-can-i-find-comparisons-of-costs-of-30458794.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement, college, and Obamanomics Date:  12/31/2012  2:24 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  71141 of 75812

Hi Bob,

Where can I find comparisons of costs, of the insurance, sales (upfront and on-going) as well as internal investment costs? I've found these difficult to find.
Every IUL illustration will fully break out all costs & charges. The mortality charges vary, of course, relative to the physical state of the person selected as the insured, but everything else can be compared to other alternatives.

As a broad-brush, the annual average of all charges inclusive, will be around 150 basis points by the 15th year, and under 100 basis points by the 20th year. That's assuming a tax-free growth & distribution account that is matching 100% to 140% of the annual upside of a single or blend of indexes.

If you want to make objective apples-to-apples comparisons (always a good idea,) its best to have an optimized illustration worked out for a specific case, for the various providers you want to compare.

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us