The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-seem-to-be-confused-and-defensive-i-dont-30458997.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement, college, and Obamanomics Date:  12/31/2012  3:55 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  71149 of 75335

You seem to be confused and defensive. I don't write anything about colleges considering assets when figuring financial aid is unfair -- I think it's perfectly reasonable. I was just pointing out that you were wrong when you said that aid is pretty much based only on income.

(a) I didn't say anything about financial aid (you confused me with someone else), (b) You are the one distressed about someone getting a better deal than you might get in the future. I can't imagine feeling so paranoid.

=alstro, paid 1/3 of my kids' college educations (my ex took on 1/3 and my kids each took on their own 1/3...my ex having a second family with a second wife had to borrow against his 401k, but I actually saved the money--what a novel idea--and did not resent or even think about how much or little financial aid my children were awarded by their schools compared to other students)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us