The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jeff-is-so-correct-in-his-statement-of-how-to-30459527.aspx

Subject:  Re: Proper Dressing for an Occasion Date:  12/31/2012  10:07 PM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  19173 of 21100

Jeff is so correct in his statement of how to treat the desk clerk. I find no reason to be harsh or unfriendly. After all, it is their job to make sure we are comfortable. Fortunately, lately, especially in FL, I am treated like a queen.

As a note, if you are particularly impressed with the service, be sure to obtain the employees' name(s). Then, go onto Trip Advisor and make your comments. Of course, this holds true for bad service as well.

Zephyhills, FL does not have any, what I call, 4-5 star hotels. The Microtel is the nicest in that small town and in the small towns between Zephyrhills and Tampa. I ALWAYS give my comments on Trip Advisor and remember the outstanding employees' names. Due to the excellent service, the cleanliness of the rooms, the complimentary breakfast, the appointments in the room and the fact that it is a central entry as well as an elevator, I give this Microtel a 3-star rating. It is far above those rated two-star (Motel 8, etc.).

I found out that with this particular MicroTel franchise, if an employee's name is mentioned in the critique, that employee is given a $10 bonus.

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us