The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/alstromeria-wrote-a-i-didnt-say-anything-about-30459611.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement, college, and Obamanomics Date:  12/31/2012  11:25 PM
Author:  ItsGoingUp Number:  71159 of 75381

alstromeria wrote:
(a) I didn't say anything about financial aid (you confused me with someone else)
Yes, sorry, it was 2gifts who originally made the misstatement about financial aid being based almost entirely on income.

But then you wrote, for no apparent reason:
When you are head of a college financial aid office, you can give need-based aid only to rich people and let those with less than a million smackeroos apply for loans. I guess that's one memorable way to teach that those what gots, gets.

PS--What percentage of parents of 18-year-olds have a million bucks in savings, d'ya think? I bet you can count 'em on the fingers of one hand. Possibly 1 finger is too many. Those poor people!

It would be nice if you didn't ascribe to me things I didn't say, especially in such a nasty way. And then follow it up with bad numbers: as there are about a million US households with net worth of $5M or more, I bet at least a few tens of thousands fit the profile of getting no aid due to their assets and regardless of their income.

(b) You are the one distressed about someone getting a better deal than you might get in the future. I can't imagine feeling so paranoid.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I wrote nothing like that, and I can't even tell what you are imagining. I'm not sure who you think you're talking to, but it doesn't seem to be me. Perhaps I shouldn't respond. Yes, it's time to stop. You might want to consider expressing yourself more politely.

Happy New Year!

-IGU-
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us