The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/doug-thanks-for-the-great-response-and-the-30461131.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hybrid lawsuit Date:  1/2/2013  6:51 AM
Author:  HMALETTER Number:  17316 of 18153

Doug, thanks for the great response. (and the subtle humor. I know of what you speak) ;) Congrats on 28 years of bliss.

Agree 100% with the stop signal driving. My young daughter's first car is a 2002 Chevy Prism, aka Toyota Corolla. When she told me she averaged 25 mpg or so, I wondered what the heck was wrong. Yup. Stomp and start :)

I routinely see people driving on my bumper ahead of a stop. I coast at a decent speed, no gas applied. I'd imagine they lose a good 2-4 mpg driving that way, when a simple look ahead through my windshield or over the top could see a stop is imminent. Even with a huge semi ahead of me, many people don't seem to look at anything other than the bumper of the car ahead.

My Camry is rated at 32/33 highway. Sometimes I can get 30/31, but I have a drive that is continually up grade through some mountainous terrain. With some city/local driving, I average a combined 28 most of the time, right on the button. On the highway, I rarely go below 72 and generally cruise at 75.

I'm anxious to drive a new Fusion, as it's certainly one of the hottest looking 4-door sedans out there. The 47 intrigued me, 38/40 not so much. But it's the around town and local driving that would make is desirable. At any rate, with small cars over $20k, and sedans leaping towards $30k and up, there are other considerations ;)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us