The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/volucris-how-did-everyone-do-good-year-fro-me-30461962.aspx

Subject:  Re: FIRE Update Date:  1/2/2013  1:18 PM
Author:  MetalDecathlete Number:  4962 of 5068

Volucris
How did everyone do - good year fro me.

Everyone is healthy, we had lots of fun, and to top it off the FI fund is up almost 15%. Woohoo!

V

Nice Volucris! Good year for my family. Was able to contribute almost 40k to FI funds thanks to DW's 1st full time job. Before that, she worked part time and before that was a SAHM.

Return was about 18%, mainly because of 28% gain on one stock and then an 8% gain on a stock I bought right after the election.

In 2013, we will be an empty nester. Child #3 graduates from HS and will be off to college. She is having a good senior year and will have 30 college credits thanks to duel credit courses. She also finished her HS Volleyball career, recieved dozens of awards, including a nomination for the Texas HS Allstar game in summer 2013 and a retirement of her jersey that will be displayed at a local restaurant.

DW and I did a lot of hiking, mountain biking and kayaking in 2012. This year we will be doing more survivalist type activities including getting our CHL's.

And more golf. Always more golf!

metaldecathlete
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us