The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-did-everyone-do-good-year-fro-me-hey-v-30462597.aspx

Subject:  Re: FIRE Update Date:  1/2/2013  5:28 PM
Author:  mazske Number:  4965 of 5069

How did everyone do - good year fro me.

Hey, V, good year for me and my family as well.

Everyone is healthy, we had lots of fun, and to top it off the FI fund is up almost 15%. Woohoo!

We are all healthy as well. My oldest is now in his 2nd year at the US Coast Guard Academy. Free education with a guaranteed job is pretty cool. Youngest is doing even better than the oldest at the same age, so hopefully free college for him in a few years. SO is working and doing okay. I'm still working, but am about 5 years from FIRE.

I retired as an E-7 from the Navy Reserves, so I have to hang on a while longer to age 60 for that pension to kick in. With my current job, in 5 years I can take early retirement and get a pension for life, hopefully.

As well, I'm a member of Stock Advisor and since doing so, I'm averaging about 11% over the past 7 years or so of being a member.

Everyone reading this, keep plugging away with all aspects of life. Life, as well as FIRE, isn't a race, so just hang in there and take it one day at a time.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us