The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/nice-discussion-here-gents-i-have-decided-to-not-30466683.aspx

Subject:  Re: MBIA Bonds? Date:  1/4/2013  3:33 PM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34596 of 35576

nice discussion here gents. i have decided to not go back in for second dibs on MBIA. in hindsight i cut the trade too early and given where i entered i surely had more room to play with but such is life in the fast lane. my personal limit on one position is 9%-10% of AUM.

i read here Charlie has been potentially dabbling and scouting in other mediums, i.e. currencies, etc. but i noticed in his most recent post looks like he is going to stick with the bonds gig.

quite awhile ago now, i had developed a system or edge with respect to currencies and commodities that was comprised of implimenting spreads which consisted of a cocktail of long/short future and/or options contracts along with in some instance underlying equity or etf type positions. but those days are long gone. even back in the day, they were too time intenstive & many times too complicated to leg in and out of. slippage can really hurt your ROR.

now there