The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-bunch-of-us-fools-still-play-casually-and-its-30467050.aspx

Subject:  Re: Returning to Wow Date:  1/4/2013  6:12 PM
Author:  XMFBogey Number:  34997 of 36020

A bunch of us Fools still play casually and it's quite fun. The game has changed dramatically since Burning Crusade and in many ways for the better. Wrath was a gaming masterpiece IMO, Cataclysm was awful, and Mists, so far, is outstanding.

One of the major changes since TBC is the introduction of Looking For Group, which allows you to be paired up with other players from across all realms. This can be good and bad. At the maximum levels (85-90), I have yet to have a bad experience where people decided to quit or kick a player who wasn't being a totally goofball.

Unfortunately, at the lower level dungeons, I think the experience is worse. Far fewer people are queuing for those places and because most people already have a max level character or 10, their patience level for failure at lower levels isn't high.

I've played SO many games in the last 20 years and WoW still tops all of them, especially when you work together with 9 other people on a really hard fight, and win.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us