The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bottom-line-is-these-things-are-crazy-30467609.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement, college, and Obamanomics Date:  1/5/2013  12:53 AM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  71212 of 76398

Bottom line is these things are *crazy* expensive.
If that's the baseline assumption, then getting similar financial performance outside of IULs is 300-500% of *crazy* expensive.

Its all relative, I suspect, when the least costly method is considered "expensive."

I would have to run the numbers to be sure, but I'm willing to wager a steak dinner that after any reasonable period of time the insurance company winds up with more money of your money than you do.
Seriously? I don't eat mammals, but how about Anthony's?

I'll offer a double or nothing opportunity (you already lost the prior wager, in case you didn't know it.)

You name any 30 year period, the amount of initial and/or periodic principal contributions, tax rates, inflation rates, and the starting age & health of your designated 'investor.'

You can even choose your 30 year run to backwards fit whatever strategy you plan to apply.

Mandatory strategy outcomes;
Zero market downside participation per year
(Hedge or diversify any way you like, such that you can back a zero-downside guarantee.)

I'll also offer, without handicapping a percentage advantage, with full awareness you can't match;
Collateralizable (borrowable-against) to 90%, against principal and gains, from day #2,
Loans defer both principal & interest for life. No repayment cashflow burden.

Whoever finishes 30 years with the most net/net/net capital wins!

Game on!
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us