The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/do-i-wish-they-did-not-have-to-play-games-like-30467815.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cashing In On A Massacre Date:  1/5/2013  9:04 AM
Author:  2828 Number:  664319 of 753714

Do I wish they did not have to play games, like banging the living hell out of Fast and Furious and Benghazi instead of backing off with a recalcitrant press? Sure, but those actually should have been extremely big issues, and they should still be screaming from the rooftops about it, but once they backed off for even a second it looks nothing but political whereas if they had never backed off it would look like it was actually important to them --as it damn well should have been and should be.
--------------------------------------------------------
While i agree in a way i also don't think it's possible with the media we have. Remember Reverend Wright? Remember one of the news outlets said we aren't going to cover it anymore? It's like the tree in the forrest thing. I have no doubt that if Benghazi or Fast & Furious was under Bush there'd be impeachment hearings and court proceedings and heads rolling. You'd know Brian Terry's place of birth and hear from everyone he's ever known. I'm still shocked at how nothing ever happened about Sandy Berger, yet Scooter Libby went to jail for outing someone who was outed already. The media really does this country a disservice, to put it mildly.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us