The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/after-payday-the-guy-in-charge-goes-around-and-30467823.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Coffee Stats Date:  1/5/2013  9:15 AM
Author:  PSUEngineer Number:  870169 of 884355

After payday, the guy in charge goes around and collects the money from everyone.

If I had to go around and collect money, I'd not volunteer anymore. The coffee maker serves way to many people.

It works pretty well, mostly. There used to be a cup that people put quarters in, but some people worried that the money would get stolen, which led to the current system. For a while, some people were using up the sugar, putting it on cereal. One of the members is flaky about paying up. And sometimes there is wasted coffee, unused coffee in the pot at the end of the day. At another job I had, there was a problem of people leaving the pot on the burner with only a small amount of coffee in it & the coffee would boil down and get sludgy but people in this group tend not to do that.

Fortunately, burnt coffee is not a problem. I've been saying pot for shorthand but we have a Bunn coffee maker that is directly connected to a water line and uses carafes, not pots to hold the coffee. The money is collected every afternoon but thief could be a problem since the money cup sits in the open.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us