The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/while-i-agree-in-a-way-i-also-dont-think-its-30467838.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cashing In On A Massacre Date:  1/5/2013  9:30 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  664326 of 741516

While i agree in a way i also don't think it's possible with the media we have. Remember Reverend Wright? Remember one of the news outlets said we aren't going to cover it anymore? It's like the tree in the forrest thing. I have no doubt that if Benghazi or Fast & Furious was under Bush there'd be impeachment hearings and court proceedings and heads rolling. You'd know Brian Terry's place of birth and hear from everyone he's ever known. I'm still shocked at how nothing ever happened about Sandy Berger, yet Scooter Libby went to jail for outing someone who was outed already. The media really does this country a disservice, to put it mildly.

I agree the media does the country a major disservice

I disagree that there is a tree falling in the forest thing going on

NEVER STOP. At some point people will wonder why you are keeping it alive. Keep saying this is important, and you can make it important.

This is not Reverend Wright. This is not guilt by association, these are very different topics.

There is no nuance here, it is straight unadulterated wrong.

Again, they should never have backed off on Sandy Berger, we should have heard it from every Republican every time they spoke, every interview done with a Republican the Republicans should make it an issue until people ask questions about it.

Put it right out there as a strategy and stick to it. The press is not covering this stuff, we will mention it every time you see one of us on the air, we will put it in every time you see one of us, until you either stop putting Republicans on the air or cover it.

IT needs to be at every level of being a Republican. They need to turn the press, they have to out the press. They have lost unless they can redefine the game. Make it so tiresome that folks look into it just to decide they can ignore the Republican Rhetoric and find out HOLY COW this is really an issue that no one told me about, and it is big!

That will not happen until the Republicans use the only tool available to them, the fact that the networks have to put Republicans on. They have to make their points on things that the press MUST acknowledge, they have to do it constantly until it is embarrassing to both parties, until people actually start asking why do Republicans keep saying that.

They have to know as the game is now, they lose. They must change the game, and the game is perception.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us