The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlt-if-yours-is-true-mine-isnt-if-mines-30467869.aspx

Subject:  Re: Time for an amendment to the Bible Date:  1/5/2013  9:54 AM
Author:  lhaselden Number:  184856 of 196895

<<
if yours is true, mine isn't
if mine's true, yours isn't
we could both be wrong, but can't both be right
>>

We are frequently all wrong or partially right. I think that religions or teachings that have staying power have at least some elements of truth. A one generation group can last because of the charisma of the leadership... There have been many of those. Groups that last like Buddhists, Jews, Christians, Moslems, others have elements of truth that allow it's adherents to draw closer to the divine.

Truth is. If you base your belief only on a source then it frequently is perverted. Such sources are documents like the Bible, Book of Mormon, Koran, Talmud, or charismatic leaders like many cults.

I trusted Jesus teachings because the teachings resonate within me that they are TRUE. I trust the scriptures because he did. I do not expect his teachings nor the scriptures to the the only source of TRUTH, some christian groups teach that. Jesus nor the scriptures teach that! I search for truth in all that speak to me and all that I read and all that I see and experience. God is TRUTH, God is LOVE. How can I go wrong if I love and desire to know truth. I believe it is the only way we can be free.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us