The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dairy-delivery-30468152.aspx

Subject:  Dairy Delivery Date:  1/5/2013  12:28 PM
Author:  yddeyma Number:  870172 of 884506

The food budget post inspired me a little and I need some input.

Several months ago, I started using Vitacost.com (e-mail me if you want to try it, and I can send you a coupon) to get my dry goods delivered. I had been having some skin allergy issues and switching to organic seemed to clear it all up, but organic food was quite pricey at my local grocery store. Vitacost is much cheaper, with the added benefit of being less hassle.

I only have two kids (age 1 and 3) but for some reason getting to and getting through the grocery store is a very daunting task for me.
At any rate, I noticed that once I had my Vitacost subscription my grocery store time was cut in HALF! So I started looking around at local farms and found one that would deliver in season produce. I can do it online too!

So now, I spend about 1/3 of the time in the grocery store, my food bill has gone down, and we are eating healthier! Plus, since I don't go to the store, I don't impulse buy, so we have much less waste.

But here's the thing, I would love to cut out going to the grocery store altogether. The last item I need delivered is dairy (milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, etc.). I'm not too worried about frozen food, because I won't mind going once a month or so and stocking up on that.

If I could figure out how to get dairy delivered, I'd be in heaven. Does anyone know of national services that deliver dairy? I have looked locally and do not see a thing. Ideas?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us