The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Help With This Home Theater

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/michael-here-are-some-30468949.aspx

Subject:  Re: Audio/Video Switch Date:  1/5/2013  10:24 PM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  10111 of 10537

Michael, here are some:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-4-Device-Audio-Video-Switch/165...

Below is the text of the letter I received from Time-Warner regarding the DTA:

<<

o If you would like for us to install the DTA’s for the residents who need it I just simple need a list and I can get it scheduled for a delivery to you or have someone install them – we are doing thousands of these and I need to go ahead and get it scheduled ASAP to get you on the list of some of the older & Senior residents need some help. they are quite easy to install – just a simple cable line that screws into the box and then to the TV, that’s it.

o These adaptors come with a remote and instructions that are quite easy to understand

o If your residents currently have a Digital Box they do not need a Digital Transition Adaptor (DTA)

o If the residents do not care about the lost Channels then no need for a DTA

o If they have a HDTV – the channel populates on their TV – but it depends on the name brand of the TV as to its location of the said Channel

o **if they still want a DTA then they can simple call the number attached or if you want to coordinate a delivery we can do that for you as well… just let me know…>>

If some of your concerns are the Channels that you are losing – in the contract it clearly states the TWC has the right to add/subtract Channels with the Bulk contract. But we have always added and never have charged any more than agreed to. And then with this Digital conversion we still are trying to give you the same channels at no charge until 2015. >>

The problem with the DTA is the fact that (1) we must use the Remote which comes with the DTA and cannot use our other remotes; (2) We cannot record any of the channels covered by the DTA on our DVD/VCR's, as we cannot connect the DVD/VCR to the DTA; (3) the audio is in and out, never consistent.

Cannot T-W connect a box to each building which would convert those affected channels to Analog from Digital so we can all watch them without the DTA. That way, the signal would come into each condo unit via the coaxial cable and we could record as we did before.

Many of our residents are renters and will not be able to take advantage of the DTA, as the HOA pays for basic cable, but will not pay or be responsible for the DTA's to those units.

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us