The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-mean-why-does-the-opinion-of-the-30469329.aspx

Subject:  Re: He is not a neocon... Date:  1/6/2013  10:05 AM
Author:  xLife Number:  1851225 of 1933252

"I mean why does the opinion of the Jewish-American community matter any more or less than, say, the Russian-American community, with regard to the selection if a U.S. Secretary of Defense?"

Very good line of thinking.

I wonder if anyone said this when everyone was talking how Republicans "alienated Hispanics" via immigration policy stances.

Did anyone on the left say "why should we care what Hispanic-Americans think"?

Probably not.

Definitely not. Hispanics make up about 20% of the U.S. population, even higher in some formerly "red" states, which is why they're formerly "red."

Cause in Lefty ville....the joooos are persona non grata, unless they are the self hating kind.

That's not why. Jewish Americans have been among some the most prominent leaders of "Leftyville" in the U.S. and elsewhere. And 70% of American Jewish voters voted for Obama. But you're not only wrongheaded. Calling Jews "joooos" and "self-hating" because they disagree with your politics is ugly, antisemitic even. I'm surprised your hateful post has stood this long.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us