The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/money-management-software-recs-30470174.aspx

Subject:  money management software recs? Date:  1/6/2013  8:03 PM
Author:  Tuni Number:  61907 of 65369

Am currently using a very old version of Quicken via windows XP/VmWare. Its (Quicken) getting buggier and buggier and that only reason I even have VmWare and Windows is so I can use my very old Quicken. I am NOT on-line with Quicken. Just use it as a tracking tool for:

Bank Accounts Savings/checking etc...(expenditures/balances/interest payments etc...)

CDs - accruing interest renewing when necessary

Credit cards and expenditures (enter the expense as I buy, then reconcile with the statement as I pay and receive it monthly

IRA/401K statements etc....adding interest/deductions etc...

Keep track of birthdays (not necessary- also keep these on my calendar)

Keep track of payments to our accounts from retirement accounts etc...

I don't really keep track of investment accounts, DH gets that info from other money manager sources.

My actual on-line account is via my Bank and pay all our bills that way. So I really don't need or want on-line capability.

I like to know prior to receiving credit card bills, just how much we have charged to each account, also important is keeping our checking account balances up-to-date and better to do that myself so I don't have to wait for transactions to show up on my on-line bank.

Therefore, what I'm looking for a pretty simply way to keep these accounts, not on-line just for my own knowledge which enable me to search for a transaction I've made on a certain date,check to see if I've paid a certain bill and when I paid it etc....

Is there such an animal out there that won't take my rt. (whoops, I'm a leftie) arm and leg....that will work on my iMac (Lion OS)

would appreciate any simple thoughts and/or recommendations. There is so much out there and would be comfortable with recommendations from those who frequent this board.

thx
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us