The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-that-reminds-me-the-last-time-i-was-at-30470586.aspx

Subject:  Re: LOL! Leftist Upset with taxes Date:  1/7/2013  2:33 AM
Author:  TheBaronAndrew Number:  664835 of 734711

Hey, that reminds me, the last time I was at McKay's used bookstore I found a book about Animals and the Afterlife written by a Dr. Kim Sheridan, PhD. It was published in 2003. It says "true stories of our best friends journey beyond death."

I haven't read it yet because I'm still reading Amy Tan's book The Opposite of Fate. I've got a stack of about 6 or 7 books that I need to read before working them into my little library. I read one at a time and then put it away and then start on the next one.

The point of all this is that I've read quite a few stories that say that the animals that we've loved in this life will be there in the next.

I'm thoroughly convinced, based on really, really vivid dreams I've had, that my cat Charlie -- who died in 1990 -- visits me in my sleep from time to time.

Sometimes I can actually feel her jump up on the bed -- like the bed giving way. No lie.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us