The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-like-to-rage-at-boomers-as-much-as-anyone-well-30470857.aspx

Subject:  Re: baby boomers Date:  1/7/2013  9:46 AM
Author:  Colovion Number:  664870 of 757696

I like to rage at boomers as much as anyone (well, more than anyone else most likely, lol!) but most of that is probably due to my ultra-liberal mom being a Boomer, always using the "I paid for it, I better get it!" line, etc. Boomers didn't create the system, of course, it was FDR that foisted this monstrosity upon us. But... they really, really like it. I simply cannot understand why. It's terrible in every imaginable way IMHO. It's something the govenrnment has no mandate/power to do legitimately, it fosters an entitlement mentality that is anathema to the ideals upon which this country was founded/flourished and it punishes, well, ME and my generation relentlessly and ruthlessly.

I'm not interested in finding a way to save the SS system... I want to DESTROY it. Period. Erase it from history. No alternative I've heard is worse than it is for everyone involved.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us