The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/they-dont-even-respond-out-to-burglaries-unless-30471185.aspx

Subject:  Re: Gun Self Defense Info Date:  1/7/2013  12:16 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  664921 of 756657

They don't even respond out to burglaries unless the burglar is on scene, how many people simply don't bother reporting them since the cops won't come out to take the report anyway?

My house was robbed many years ago. My next door neighbor actually wrote down the licence plate number of the get-away car. When the police came out, they asked if I had contents insurance. I said yes. They said, "Then we suggest you make a claim against your insurance policy and we're done. You wouldn't want your items returned anyway; they'd be all scratched up."

Actually, that robbery was the best worst thing that ever happened to me. I realized how unimportant "things" are (relative to my personal safety) and I got every old item replaced with a newer version.

The only item I missed was my jewelry box that contained a couple of my son's baby teeth and a lock of hair from his first haircut.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us