The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthanks-art-i-put-tabasco-in-my-chicken-30471350.aspx

Subject:  Re: Achoo! Date:  1/7/2013  1:21 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  664935 of 757323

"Thanks, Art. I put Tabasco in my chicken soup for breakfast. That worked pretty well. I am trying to drink tea, I can only have a couple of cups because of the caffeine - hard on my tummy. I had a Coke Zero yesterday for the first time since I was sick. Poured it over ice. I don't know why I didn't think of that before - it felt really good. The biggest problem is that I just don't feel like eating. Lost 4 pounds or something. The worst day was Saturday. Now I just feel like a wrung out dish rag with a middling sore throat.

BTW, you can make a very acceptable chicken soup with little effort:

Saute onions, celery, and a bit of carrot for color. Add a box of chicken broth. And black pepper, And Tabasco <g>. And bits of chicken if you want - works either way. I don't even add salt, and the broth is the low sodium variety." - arrete

------------------

Thanks arrete. I'm glad my suggestions were helpful. I forgot about chicken soup. Good suggestion. Any way you can get fluids into yourself it's good; and I know you are trying to cut down on carbohydrates. The potassium from the chicken bones should be good for you. I'm betting there are all kinds of minerals and micronutrients in the broth that should be helpful in supporting your immune system.

You know what else might be good? Stuff from the ocean like Nori seaweed wraps, clams, oysters, shrimp, ocean fish - because I think they have a lot of trace minerals in them from living in seawater that might be helpful in restoring your bodies natural balance? Maybe a fish soup with shrimp and clams in it and add a little bit of seaweed to the broth also? I like that sort of stuff anyway.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us