The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/snipquoti-hope-im-wrong-on-this-and-that-he-30472313.aspx

Subject:  Re: Settlement Date:  1/7/2013  9:53 PM
Author:  401kinvestor Number:  306646 of 308847

snip:"I hope I'm wrong on this, and that he really is paying them rent and isn't costing them anything. Or perhaps he is paying a small rent, but not enough to cover what he's costing them in terms of utilities and food."

Mom and Dad told me when I sold the condo in Scottsdale to help out with buying what is on the shopping list and buy my meds,insurance, phone,aand dr. bills and help out with the bill at the restaurants when we go out.

snip;"I'm beginning to suspect that he has lied to his parents about his salary, and they are supporting him in several ways, including free room and board. That's why he doesn't want them to find out that he actually is putting most of his salary into investments. If they knew he had a decent salary they would ask him to pay rent, and he doesn't want to do that, because then he couldn't save as much money."

I send Mom and Dad email confirmations from Chase, and AX when I pay online. I show then receipts when I pay the car and secured loan with Sunwest.

I let Dad know when I buy and sell at Schwab.

I put 6% of my pay into a Roth 401k.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us