The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sigh-thank-you-all-for-the-stories-of-remodels-30474266.aspx

Subject:  Re: January ThyPeace Update Date:  1/8/2013  7:37 PM
Author:  ThyPeace Number:  306666 of 308232

Sigh. Thank you all for the stories of remodels and the bad things that can happen!

I did mean architect -- we are still in the design and planning stages and have not signed a construction contract yet. I have already worked the budget with a cushion, and will increase the cushion based on this information. My goal is a solid house, whether or not I get to add on. If I can't add much, that's okay. But I will not go over the budget I've set.*

Thanks for the suggestions on how to show my new debt goals. I think I will simply report on the pay-down of the mortgage, and note as an aside the amount of other debt I've also repaid. After all, I have a specific goal that I can focus on. As for paying it off in a lump sum, I understand why that's a better idea.... and I'm sure I will still pay it a little at a time. It makes me more comfortable to know that it's really paid for.

ThyPeace, will also provide an occasional update on the remodel progress.

*Note: If there are any long-lost relatives in the audience waiting to let me know of a major inheritance, please do let me know soon. I have a really lovely vision for a home remodel and for DH's and my early retirement from public service...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us