The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-liberal-conception-of-quotrightsquot-30476800.aspx

Subject:  Re: Here's why Libs don't get it Date:  1/9/2013  11:15 PM
Author:  SooozFool Number:  665490 of 734758

The liberal conception of "rights" equals the "right" to enslave others by taking the product of their efforts and by defining what they *must* do.

Nonsense. The OP suggests the right to bear arms comes from God himself, not the Constitution. You aver that you don't even believe in God, yet the right to bear arms comes from natural law.

Where have I asserted that I have a right to enslave others in order to take the product of their efforts by defining what they must do? What the heck are you talking about?

You folks have no intellectual honesty in what you post in this thread. Your post and the OP's cannot be reconciled (does the right to bear arms come from God or not, folks? Get your stories straight!), and yet the herd that follows this board rec's both posts because ... ayuk yuk yuk! ... they both stick it to imaginary "lib" positions.

And you are right, I surely do not look to the Cato Institute to illuminate the historical antecedents of our Constitution or to explain the concept of natural law as understood by our Framers.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us