The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/that-is-great-you-ride-i-really-should-do-a-30477380.aspx

Subject:  Re: good time to get rid of some stuff & TLT/SHV Date:  1/10/2013  10:20 AM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34639 of 35367

that is great you ride. i really should do a little something in that department myself. it gives a little much needed perspective sometimes vs. sitting behind the computer screen all day.

that is a good point on the too many watches metaphor. i actually have access to two different levels of standard & poor's. one provides me a single page summary and the other, a detailed forecast that could span 3-5 pages.

what is interesting on RTSX, i looked back very carefully and sure enough, it does not specifically articulate exactly what the asset coverage is. i kind of made a mental assumption with a recovery rating of 2. i appreciate your input on this one from a Moody's perspective so to speak, but i am still going to add a small position here and also a more sizable one in Exide.

years ago i dabbled in various strategies; one being EOD price action and the like. my problem really came down, among a couple of others things, to a lack of patience; so i would basically stop myself out of positions way too early. over time this just becomes too difficulat to mentally endure and ultimately clouds your practical judgment.

as you know, sometimes you could have the most sophisticated viable system but if you can not let it play out in terms of days, weeks, or even months, then its not going to be actually worth much.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us