The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Re: Here's why Libs don't get it||Date: 1/10/2013 2:15 PM|
|Author: telegraph||Number: 665592 of 736605|
"This evening on CNN, Anderson Cooper will explore why Chicago, which has the strictest (or one of the strictest) gun control laws in America, is overrun with guns, mainly in the hands of criminals. "
You already know what he is going to say
1) THey go to nearby places and buy them
2) they go to gun shows and buy them
What you won't tell you
1) It is illegal to buy a gun as a felon and the system usually, with 99.999% accuracy, denies a 'buy request' from a felon.
2) It is illegal to POSSESS a handgun if you are a felon, or have been convicted of misdemeanor Domestic Violence in most cases (usually the conviction means you 'voluntarily' surrender your guns till probation is done and that might be 10 years).
3) Criminals never follow the gun laws.
4) Chicago openly supports criminals and illegals. Supports drug gangs because it can't be bothered to fight them. Doesn't have money in the budget for gang control because the money is spent on the welfare weenies and queenies.
Chicago has probably a 1/2 million to million illegals...who, golly gee, have no interest in 'following the law'. It probably has ten tons of cocaine smuggled in each month and 500 tons of pot.
I'd bet it has some of the worst outpatient care for mental cases in the USA, too.
IF you want to stop the 'gun violence' in Chicago, you've got to be serious about 'gang control'. They aren't.
Aurora, the second largest city in IL, went after the gangs 15 years and continues to this day with major gang intervention programs. They send gang perps up the river..... it had ZERO murders last year. Chicago had over 500
Night and day.
What works vs what doesn't.
But, Anderson cooper will tell you you need another law on top of the 20,000 existing gun laws to solve the problem
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|