The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-like-to-waste-time-when-debating-and-i-30478377.aspx

Subject:  Re: Here's why Libs don't get it Date:  1/10/2013  4:31 PM
Author:  SooozFool Number:  665620 of 740970

I don't like to waste time when debating and i thought i'd shut you up before you got started with your preening. Now back to your knee jerk lets control the guns while Sandy Hook is fresh in everyones mind because we can only win an argument using emotion.....

You've made no attempt to engage me in debate at all or to address this issue at all in this thread. I don't recall having any type of offensive exchange with you until the one you just posted.

It was apparently enough to tee you off that I came into this Board and questioned something you apparently can't be bothered to discuss, let alone defend, which was the OP's assertion that the right to bear arms stems from some source greater, and more authoritative, than our laws and the Constitution. He suggested, if I understood him correctly, that our government does not have authority to limit that right, even via Constitutional amendment. I found that assertion disturbing enough to show up and post in this thread, because I believe in the rule of law, not government-by-hothead.

Your response poses a similar concern, in that it makes me wonder how discussion about reasonable gun regulation can ever be had with one group (which I don't think represents the majority of gun owners) essentially losing their ever-lovin' minds over this.

It suggests there are far fewer responsible gun-owning Americans than I thought. Not good.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us