The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Food & Drink / Vegetarian and Vegan Fools
|Subject: Avocado hand roll||Date: 1/10/2013 5:00 PM|
|Author: alstroemeria||Number: 5482 of 5854|
This is from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog--I often like her food entries.
Avocado Temaki (Hand Roll)
• 1 sheets nori, cut in half
• 1 avocado, sliced into thin strips
• 1 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded & sliced in thin strips
• 1/2 cup cooked brown sushi rice
• tamari or soy sauce
• fresh wasabi, grated
• pickled ginger (optional)
1. Place the nori on a bamboo mat or a piece or parchment shiny side down.
2. Wet one of your hands slightly to grab a small palm-full of rice. Place the rice on the left side of your nori and press your index finger into the rice to create a small dent where you will lay your fillings.
3. Rub a bit of grated wasabi onto the rice. Place a few thin slices of cucumber and a few slices of avocado diagonally across the rice, pointing to the upper-right corner of the nori.
4. Fold the left hand corner over and roll upwards around the rice and the filling. (At this point it's best to pick up the roll and finish the rolling with your hands.) Continue rolling the long part of the nori around the rice and filling until you reach the end. Seal by rubbing the edge with a touch of water.
5. Serve with soy sauce or tamari and pickled ginger.
This strikes me as a very appealing lunch, perhaps with a little marinated tofu for protein. There are other vegetarian recipes in theis same blog entry.
|Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|