The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-came-here-to-ask-about-this-same-thing-im-30478666.aspx

Subject:  Re: money management software recs? Date:  1/10/2013  6:24 PM
Author:  blackmare Number:  61945 of 64748

I came here to ask about this same thing.

I'm self-employed so I need to track both business and personal income/expenses, and I need the ability to budget. Creating reports would be nice, I would like it, but it's not a deal-breaker.

I've just upgraded to Mountain Lion, and I do have Apple's "Numbers" program that came with my machine, but I'm not sure how the heck to get it to work, there being no manual. Will it do what I need to do?

Quicken for Mac was so buggy and difficult for me to use last time I tried it that I never want to touch it again. I thought I was just that bad at using it until I started talking to other people who had. Reports I've read are that the Mac version is still way sub-par, and if I understand correctly, I would need to install Office:Mac in order to then run the Windows version. And I can't afford to do that.

I've been looking at Jumsoft's "Money" and at iBank, which one reviewer said was great except for budgeting, where it was pretty useless. Also possibly You Need a Budget. I need something pretty simple to use for beginners. I'm bright, but bookkeeping has never been my forte and I'll take as much hand-holding as I can get.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us