The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-about-my-right-to-live-in-a-safe-community-30480211.aspx

Subject:  Re: Here's why Libs don't get it Date:  1/11/2013  2:08 PM
Author:  tjscott0 Number:  665861 of 734368

What about my right to live in a safe community free of the fear of deranged nut jobs running loose with handguns and assault rifles?

Forget even the deranged nutjobs, what about my right to live in a community where only trained professionals enforce the laws and where I do not have to worry about getting caught in the crossfire of every paranoid Rambo wannabee?

I'd say your views are the deranged ones and perhaps a country that is willing to infringe upon the rights of their citizens to keep and bear arms would be more to your liking. There are dozens and dozens to choose from. Hey, what can I say, freedom just isn't for everyone eh!

Actually we have 2 locales in the US that bans carrying firearms for personal protection outside the home or place of business.

New York City-which has a bonus you are protected from sodas larger than 16 ounces & trans fats in restaurants. Sorry I don't remember if the salt ban was enacted. Murder rate 6.4
&
District of Columbia Murder rate 21.9

US murder rate 4.7

Murder rates courstey of Wikipedia.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us