The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Teachers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ive-done-considerable-research-and-i-believe-it-30481058.aspx

Subject:  Re: ARCO Date:  1/11/2013  10:12 PM
Author:  clearbranch Number:  9824 of 9947

I've done considerable research and I believe it has potential in a 2-5 year window. It is not a get rich quick stock but is a get rich someday stock if you can afford to hold on to it for 5-10 years.

S.A. stocks have fizzled recently but then again, it's the economy. Everything looks pretty bleak for the short term to me, including ARCO, but it has the potential that WMT and MCD had 30 years ago, with the caveat that ARCO has to pay part of their profit to McDonalds and MCD didn't have that albatross around their necks in the beginning.

I like the fact that ARCO is focusing on local tastes and quality instead of training to force the "American" menu on the S.A. consumers.

Right now it is a $12.00 stock (even according to the company execs).

I think the run-up to $28.00 was greed due to the attractive I.P.O. and the association with the McDonalds name.

I'm calling for a stock price in the $19.00-20.00 dollar range by December 2013 IF Ozbama and the world circus doesn't shoot holes in the world economy (more than they already have)

No one can guess what is going to happen this year...it's been crazy.

I'm long on ARCO and bought in at the $14.00 - $19.00 range. The only profit on them I can see this year is the dividend yield.

Best guess I can give you for January 2013.

Regards

CB
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us