The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Re: Here's why Libs don't get it||Date: 1/12/2013 1:28 PM|
|Author: CCinOC||Number: 666044 of 767283|
Beridian wrote: We have a problem with too many guns falling into the wrong hands. We need reforms to help mitigate this problem. No solution will be perfect or solve the problem 100%, but we can do better. This is the discussion we should be having in this country.
I think the order of discussion should be:
1. Proliferation and indiscriminate prescribing of psychotropic drugs for every conceivable problem
2. Lack of mental health services
3. Lack of school campaigns to deal with adolescent bullying (all while the media is the biggest bully of all)
4. Refusal to aggressively deal with gangs
5. Examination of promotion of violence by the media
When and only when these issues have been addressed should we consider the possibility of violating the Second Amendment.
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|