The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Re: Here's why Libs don't get it||Date: 1/12/2013 1:40 PM|
|Author: Beridian||Number: 666051 of 756878|
I think the order of discussion should be:
1. Proliferation and indiscriminate prescribing of psychotropic drugs for every conceivable problem
2. Lack of mental health services
3. Lack of school campaigns to deal with adolescent bullying (all while the media is the biggest bully of all)
4. Refusal to aggressively deal with gangs
5. Examination of promotion of violence by the media
When and only when these issues have been addressed should we consider the possibility of violating the Second Amendment.
I am fully in favor of working on all of these issues as well, however not to the exclusion of gun proliferation and guns falling into the wrong hands.
If your wife was diagnosed with cancer and your kid broke their arm, would you postpone getting your kid's arm treated until your wife's cancer was addressed? You seem to be saying we can only work on one issue at a time.
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|