The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-it-doesnt-support-your-argument-since-the-30481884.aspx

Subject:  Re: Magnificent takedown of Piers Date:  1/12/2013  2:51 PM
Author:  xLife Number:  114081 of 134681

But it doesn't support your argument since the other quote states that the militia is every citizen.

I'd say "was," 240 years ago, not is. It's simply not true anymore.

And to be clear, I believe everyone has a natural right to defense themselves. Lets take that as a given. It does not follow then that everyone has a natural right to possess whatever weaponry they like. Most agree on that too. The debate is over where to draw the line between pocket knives and nukes, so to speak. So you can stop pretending to possess the moral high ground. Our difference is about degree, not principle.

Actually the phrase does refer to individuals, even the supreme court says so.

The Supreme Court is wrong about this. It's not the first time the Supreme Court has been wrong about something, nor the last.

It doesn't weaken my argument. You just lack enough education on it or you are lying.

Your ad hominem taunts are so tedious.

It really says even though a militia may be required for a free state, no one will be banned from being able to arm themselves.

That's not what it means, but I understand why you want to think so.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us