The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/personally-im-looking-out-first-and-foremost-for-30482612.aspx

Subject:  Re: Another View of Fiscal Cliff Deal Date:  1/13/2013  8:10 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  666142 of 725931

Personally, I'm looking out first and foremost for myself and my family. I can't change the horrible direction that liberals are taking this country, and neither can the Repubs. Make the best of a terrible situation. I would much rather be a winner than a loser when the politicians play their games.

I certainly understand, and do not blame you in the least.

As I said, enjoy your harvest, for indeed we do reap what we sow. And bad policy is cool as long as I make out is a very healthy weed, like Tomatoes, some things that are essentially weeds are very tasty.

You are of course right, nothing can change the country, and the drip of well we can afford to do this and we can afford to do that and the chips of moral decay that evolved society, they could never derail America.

You are so right, small change, over and over again, can not yield dramatic results. So nothing can change. Good point.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us